MatLob software is the solution to save log files on your Android phone without much effort and without a problem. Simple just install and do it.
If you are facing issues with third-party apps like the most popular Google Camera or other Mod APK. You found a problem and bugs are coming, but finally don’t know how to report them to the developer, here is an entry for the Matlog app.
This post is a dedicated guide to log saving. Don’t go anywhere, this is important. Jump and dig what to do.
What is MatLog (Material Logcat Reader)?
It is specially designed for advanced technical users who want to find errors visible in system logs and stacktraces. Matlog software can also debug your app or take screenshot files and report directly to the official developer.
If you want to know what is going on in the background then the system log (logcat) gives you the exact details every time so that you can find out what the system was doing behind the scenes.
Note: This app will require root permission to work properly.
- You will get color-coded tag names in the app interface.
- All details are easy to read on the display.
- Performing real-time searches is possible
- Provide auto scroll to easily reach the bottom.
- Recording modes allow recording logs with additional widget support.
- Offers Export options for SD cards.
- Different filters can be saved and autosuggestion searches are available.
- Select and save a small section of the logs.
- Allow users to share logs through emails and attachment files.
- Ad-free interface with open-source usage.
To know more about the changelog and other features, go to the GitHub page.
Download MatLog App
You can visit the Google Play store to officially download the latest version MatLog App or another platform according to your requirements.
How to Save Logcat Using MatLog
If your smart device doesn’t have access, please visit to check details on the XDA Developers forums for more advice and necessary things.
Once you are fine, you can follow the instructions given below:
- Open the MatLog, and make sure to provide root access.
- Go to the Menu or Settings section and click on Clare.
- Again, click on Settings >> File >> Record (If you file name then type the new file name or leave it as default)
- Now, you have to hide the MatLog App.
- Following this, you have to reproduce the problems or crashes.
- Back to the Matlog and stop the recording.
- Now, the log file will be stored in the catalog>> saved_logs inside the file manager.
Now you can extract the log file and share it with the developer easily. If you want to post those logs online, we suggest enabling the Discard sensitive information option from the Settings menu.
Here is a video guide link for better understanding Watch now
Important: Extracting log files is a highly risky and difficult task if you haven't rooted your device yet. You can use the Logcat command line tool using ADB. Here is simple guide to do so.
At the end of this post I hope you will be able to save logcat using MatLog.
Also you must have understood that you can debug your apps very easily. You should also know how you can share those recorded log files with the developers via email or by using attachments.
If you have any other questions regarding GCam, you can visit the Tips & Tricks section for more information.