It’s not that no one has the best camera app in the smartphone market. Google’s Pixel phones and the iPhone have the best camera apps, no lie about that. However, there are also some of the latest Samsung models that deliver great results. But it is also true that out of hundreds of phone brands, only 2 have been able to capture great photos.
The biggest question here is how people who have Android phones can get remarkable image results like Google Pixel phones. No worries, just download the GCam port which is a modified version of the official Google Camera.
Yes, it is possible, we know many talented developers here who have made it possible with Google Camera Mods, some of the most famous being BGS, Shamim, and Amova8G2 versions. Just choose the GCam Port Mod according to your phone category and install it, then start clicking images to get exceptional results.
But before clicking you have to do some difficult but easy steps which are pre-installation requirements. No need to panic just read the complete guide on “how to install Google Camera Mod on an Android phone”.
What is GCam Apk Port?
Google Camera App is developed by Google LLC specifically for Pixel phones. It has lots of advanced features including AI image-processing algorithms that enable them to capture high-quality photos and videos. Like most camera apps, it also captures photos and videos but it is more advanced and reliable than all of them.
The application has features like Night Sight mode, which enables users to take clear images in low light, and Portrait mode, which enhances shots with a depth-of-field effect to produce incredible, remarkable, and extraordinary details image results.
To get a great video/image you can use its advanced features and settings which improve video stability, resolution, and frames per second and surprise you at the end.
But there is a problem, all its features are possible only on Google devices. Happily, Android phone users can install this great app no matter what kind of smartphone they have.
There are modified versions of the app, known as GCam Apk Port, that can be used on other Android smartphones, even though the app is only compatible with Google Pixel devices.
Download GCam APK for Specific Anrdoid Phone Brands
Pre Download Requirements
The reason why GCam Mod is downloaded again and again is that most tech enthusiasts get the features in their Google Camera blocked for them if they do not follow the necessary steps.
Don’t bet in haste, it is a matter of caution otherwise nothing will go right. Understand all the important things then start the installation process for Google Camera Mod.
- Start by checking Camera2 API support on your Android phone.
- Enable Camera2 API if not already enabled on your device (Dedicated Enabling Camera2 API Guide).
- Find the Google Camera Mod APK version most compatible with your phone.
- Root access (Only when Camera2API is disabled or minimally enabled on your phone.)
How to Check Camera2API Support Your Android Phone?
Google Pixel phones are followed by several new flagship multi-brand smartphone models that already enabled Camera 2 API support.
If your phone is capable of Camera2 API support then you are all set for Google Camera but it can be a complicated process due to the disabilities of some users.
It is super simple to check whether Camera2 API is enabled or not. Just download Camera2 API or Camera2 API Probe from the Play Store. If everything is good it will show green font, and you should check one of the lists below.
- Limited: These types of devices support only a subset of all Camera2API capabilities.
- Full: These types of phones support all of the major capabilities of Camera API2 and must use Camera HAL 3.2 or higher and Android 5.0 or higher.
- Level 3: These phones support YUV reprocessing and RAW image capture, along with additional output stream configurations on top of full Camera2API support.
- External: Similar to LIMITED devices with some exceptions. This level is used for external cameras such as USB webcams.
How to Install Google Camera Mod on Android Phone (Final Steps)
Google Camera is a camera app created by Google for their Pixel smartphones, but it’s also available for other Android devices. To install it, first, check if your Android device is compatible with the app by visiting a trusted website.
- Download the APK file from a trusted source.
- Before installing it, enable “Unknown Sources” in your device’s security settings. After that, install the APK file by tapping on it and following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, open the app from your app drawer and start using it.
- Keep in mind that not all features may work on your device, so you may need to experiment with different settings to get the best results.
How To Load Import .XML GCam Config File?
Did you know that in order to get all the features of Google Camera, you have to tweak some settings like exposure, sharpness, saturation, hue, and ISO? Luckily you have an “XML config file” that can help you make all these adjustments with just one click.
We have written a complete guide on GCam XML configuration so that you can enjoy all the features of the camera. Click here for what to do and how.
Conclusion [How to Install Google Camera Mod on Android Phone]
That’s all but there is a lot that will make Google Camera Mod Apk run smoothly on your Android phone. This is where you get started that will lead you to becoming a professional photographer.
In the end that’s all, have a nice day!